When the brow slopes downward or appears heavy (either from age or just genetics), it can distract from the beauty of the eyes and become an unwanted focal point.
A Refreshed, Friendly Appearance
A brow lift (or “forehead lift”) is a surgical procedure that addresses an overly heavy-looking brow. The procedure lifts the skin in this area to significantly improve the overall appearance of the face.
What a Brow Lift Can Do
- Raises the eyebrows to a more youthful position
- Smooths horizontal forehead lines
- Softens vertical “11” lines between the brows
- Achieves a friendlier, more youthful, more refreshed appearance
Why Choose a Brow Lift?
When forehead lines begin to develop—sometimes as early as the 20s—a heavy, sagging brow is not far behind. This is because of the general loss of skin elasticity, years of sun damage and environmental factors taking a toll, and repeated muscle movements over the years. Unfortunately, this change often results in an expression that permanently appears tired, sad, or angry, which bothers many people who look this way. A brow lift can rejuvenate the brow area, making an individual look much “brighter”, attractive, and friendly.
Brow Lift Options
Depending on the type of brow lift that Dr. G performs, either general or local anesthesia can be used. The procedure typically takes 1-2 hours. Options for the brow lift procedure include the following:
Open Surgical Brow Lift
An open surgical brow lift is the most commonly performed technique. Dr. G will create an incision either behind the hairline or along the hairline extending from ear to ear.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
For an endoscopic brow lift, Dr. G creates incisions just behind the hairline in order for a tiny camera to be inserted. This helps him to see better and perform the surgery more efficiently.
Limited Brow Lift
A limited brow lift takes a less invasive approach to the procedure, with Dr. G creating a very small incision behind or in front of the hairline, above the eyebrows.
Most patients see early brow lift results at around three weeks. These results will look better and better each day, with final results at approximately four months. These results are long-lasting.
- Expect 1-2 weeks of recovery
- Rest the first few days to help with swelling
- Only very light activity for the first week
- Common side effects are bruising, swelling, nausea, headache, and numbness
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated for 5-7 days
- Swelling starts to go down after the fourth or fifth day after surgery
- Sutures are removed in 5-10 days
- Exercise may be continued at one month
Why Choose Dr. G?
In practice for over 20 years, Dr. Joseph Grzeskiewicz (“Dr. G” to his patients) is a highly regarded, board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic rejuvenation from head to toe. Our passion is making our patients happy, which is why we go so above and beyond to provide an exceptional patient experience. Dr. G does his own pre-op, post-op, consults, and follow-ups, while practice manager and patient advocate Eva Tutic provides emotional support for the excitement, anxiety, doubts, and worries that often come along with undergoing cosmetic procedures. Our patients can contact us 24/7, and we provide a list of everything you’ll need to prepare and for recovery.
Ideal Candidates for a Brow Lift
- Are unhappy with horizontal forehead lines or “worry lines” between the eyebrows
- Are unhappy with their tired, angry, or sad-looking facial expression
- Are non-smokers in general good health, with no major medical conditions
- Do not have uncontrolled high blood pressure, diabetes, bleeding, or any blood clotting condition
- Fully understand the procedure, risks, and recovery
- Have realistic expectations for what a brow lift can do